Need a healthy delicious dinner fast? This Easy Vegan Pasta recipe is one to make the whole family happy in just 20-minutes!
Healthy whole grain pasta
Pasta dishes can be so easy and inexpensive to make.
The great thing is that there are now so many whole grain pastas to choose from, and they are egg and dairy-free.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links to my favorite Amazon products. If you purchase via my links, I may make a small percentage at no cost to you. Thanks for supporting my content.
Some of my favorite pastas
Nutrition in Whole Grain Pastas
Whole grains are high in dietary fiber, which promotes digestive health; helps lower blood sugar and blood cholesterol levels; encourages regular bowel movements and aids in weight management.
The Harvard School of Public Health reports that whole grains, such as whole grain pasta, contain compounds called phytoestrogens or plant estrogens.
These substances may help to reduce your risk of developing certain types of cancers — particularly in conjunction with the minerals found in whole grains — such as copper, selenium, magnesium and manganese.–LiveStrong
ALDI carries an organic, no-oil brand of marinara sauce called Simply Nature for about $2 for a 25 oz jar.
To make your own marinara, checkout Will from Potato Strong’s Marina Sauce.
Add vegetables to this dish
This is a very versatile dish that can be made in about 20-minutes. I like to use artichoke hearts and mushrooms, but any number of veggies could be included like yellow squash or zucchini.
Serve with a side salad, corn on the cob, and/or crusty bread, and you’ve got a delicious meal in just a few minutes!
Other Plant-Based Pasta Dishes
Plant-Based Vegan Starter Kits $27
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- mushrooms, sliced, optional
- 1 container marinara sauce, or make your own, recipe link below
- 1/3 cup veggie broth, or water
- 1 can Artichoke hearts
- pasta, I love brown rice pasta
- Sauté onion and garlic in veggie broth for approximately 3-4 minutes. If you want to use fresh mushrooms, add them here.
- Add your favorite oil-free dairy-free marinara sauce. Or make your own using the recipe below.
- Drain artichoke hearts and add to marinara sauce.
- Cover and allow to simmer approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Ladle over your favorite pasta. I love brown rice pasta.
- Serve with a delicious salad and whole grain bread!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small percentage from your purchases at no cost to you. Thanks for supporting my content.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 191 Total Fat: 3g Carbohydrates: 38g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 4g Protein: 8g