Sometimes I’m just tired and don’t feel like cooking. On those days at my house, we are very likely to make this gluten-free vegan pizza recipe. It is so easy to prepare and can be ready in minutes.
Can pizza be made healthy?
It shocks some people to hear that we eat pizza because they know we try to stay healthy.
I think so many feel that pizza is not health food, and that’s true when it is layered with pepperoni and sausage and dripping with greasy cheese.
But it doesn’t have to be that way. It is possible to make vegan pizza fast, easy, and healthy.
This is a quick lesson on how to be ready to do a pizza-face-plant on those exhausting long days. Get ready, set, GO!
Oil-free marinara at Aldi
Make sure to read the labels, because some variations do contain oil or animal products. Some Aldi stores carry different products, so do a quick check of the ingredient list.
Tomato Basil is excellent. I use half of the jar for one large pizza. That’s what I use when I’m in a hurry and want to keep it simple.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links to my favorite Amazon products. If you purchase via my links, I may make a small percentage at no cost to you. Thanks for supporting my content.
Where to buy oil-free vegan pizza crusts that are gluten-free
Sami’s Bakery pizza crusts are excellent! Even Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn, the author of Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease, recommends them. My local health food store happens to carry these millet and flax pizza crusts, and they can also be ordered online.
I receive no advertising money from them. I just like their products.
Usually, I keep two of these gluten-free crusts in my freezer at all times. That makes pizza night at my house a no-brainer. Simply pull out a premade crust and create a specialty pizza.
Add your favorite chopped veggies. My favorites are mushrooms, onions, spinach, red bell peppers, tomatoes, and sometimes olives. If you’re in a big hurry, you can always purchase pre-chopped veggies.
Vegan cheese sauce
My vegan Creamy Cheese Sauce is excellent drizzled over pizza.
Incredibly some of the ingredients used to make this amazing cheese sauce are…
Vegan Mozzarella Cheese
UPDATE: I have another new cheese option! It’s Cashew Vegan Mozzarella Cheese, and it’s fabulous!
While the pizza is baking, I will usually make quick salads and pop in a movie.
Get ready for an evening of relaxation and family time with a delicious vegan pizza. It doesn’t get much better than that!
Other Quick and Easy Healthy Meal Options
- Yes-You-Can Black Bean Chili
- Lentil Pasta Dinner in 10-Minutes
- 10-Simple & Healthy Plant-Based Recipes in 20 Minutes or Less
Plant-Based Vegan Starter Kits $27
- 1 Sami's Bakery pizza crust, (premade, no-oil crust) Link below.
- 12 oz marinara sauce, (I use Simply Nature Organic from Aldi)
- veggies of your choice, mushrooms, onions, spinach, peppers, olives
- non-dairy cheese, (my vegan cheese sauce) Link below.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place pre-made pizza crust on baking sheet, or make your own crust. Sami's Bakery pizza crusts are excellent! Even Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn recommends them. My local health food store carries them, and they can be ordered online as well. (I receive no advertising money from them. I just like their products). If you would like to make your own, there's a link below.
- Top the crust with marinara sauce. Believe it or not, Aldi has a brand (around $2.00 for 25 oz. here in NC) that is Dr. John McDougall compliant, with no oil. It's called Simply Nature and is organic. Read the labels because some do contain oil. Tomato Basil is excellent. I use 1/2 the jar for one large pizza. If you would like to make your own marinara, checkout the link below to Potato Strong's recipe.
- Add your favorite chopped veggies. My favorites are mushrooms, onions, spinach, red bell peppers, tomatoes, and sometimes olives. If you're in a big hurry, you can always purchase pre-chopped veggies.
- Lastly, add non-dairy cheese. I have an awesome cheese sauce that we keep on hand for pizza, steamed broccoli, baked potatoes, or tacos. I also have a new Mozzerella Cheese. Bake in oven approximately 20 minutes and serve hot. Delish!
OXO Good Grips Easy to Clean Pizza Wheel and Cutter
Cuisinart AMB-14PP Chef's Classic Nonstick Bakeware 14-Inch Pizza Pan
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small percentage from your purchases at no cost to you. Thanks for supporting my content.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 228 Total Fat: 2.3g Carbohydrates: 37g Fiber: 8g Protein: 9g