If you’re in need of a little comfort food today, try this cheezy Vegan Cheezy Pasta. It does the trick for me! Health never tasted so warm and creamy!
We love this vegan cheezy pasta because it’s…
- Full of flavor
- Great for picnics
- Perfect side dish
Vegan Cheese Sauce
What makes this recipe so delicious and healthy is that my Creamy Vegan Cheese Sauce is a main ingredient.
Incredibly some of the ingredients used to make this amazing cheese sauce are…
- cashews (and or white beans)
- nutritional yeast flakes
- lemon juice
It tastes AMAZING and is my top recommended and shared recipe of all time!
Vegan Cheese Sauce with other recipes
Veggies in pasta salad
Made with broccoli florets and sweet red bell peppers this pasta recipe not only has a creamy cheesy taste but also a great crispy crunch.
Whole grain pasta
Another great thing is that there are now so many whole grain pasta options to choose from, and they are egg and dairy-free.
I like using a number of different kinds and, for this recipe, I chose the brown rice elbow pasta.
Nutritional benefits of whole-grain pasta
Whole grain or whole wheat pasta, such as spaghetti, is made from flour that contains the entire grain kernel, the germ, endosperm and bran.
Whole grain pasta is rich in many nutrients essential for human health and is high in dietary fiber, which promotes regularity and may help lower cholesterol and aid in cancer prevention.
The Harvard School of Public Health reports that whole grains, such as whole grain pasta, contain compounds called phytoestrogens or plant estrogens.
These substances may help to reduce your risk of developing certain types of cancers — particularly in conjunction with the minerals found in whole grains — such as copper, selenium, magnesium and manganese. — LiveStrong
Heart-healthy, low-fat, dairy-free, and delicious! Move over, Dairy, pasta doesn’t need you anymore!
Other plant-based pasta dishes
- 8 oz whole grain pasta, I used brown rice, elbow
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup Creamy Vegan Cheese Sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp Hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
Creamy Vegan Cheese Sauce
- 1 cup potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup carrots, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup onion, peeled and diced
- 1 cup broth from the cooked veggies
- 1/2 cup cashews or white beans
- 4-5 Tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- pinch paprika
- pinch cayenne pepper, (optional)
- Cook whole grain pasta according to directions. I used brown rice elbow pasta.
- It needed to cook approximately 12 minutes. Do not overcook, or it will become mushy.
- Drain and rinse pasta in cool water.
- Briefly steam broccoli florets, approximately 2 minutes in microwave.
- Then dice red bell peppers, and make broccoli florets smaller, if you wish. You can actually add any veggies you prefer.
- In medium bowl, whisk together vegan cheese sauce and Hoisin sauce. I make a double-batch of this cheese sauce about every-other month and store it in mason jars in the refrigerator to be used with nachos, to top broccoli or baked potatoes, and in many other dishes.
- Hoisin sauce is in the Asian section in most any grocery store.
- Combine pasta, veggies, and cheese/Hoisin sauce together. I used the big pot that the pasta was cooked in.
- Serve immediately, while still warm.
Creamy Vegan Cheese Sauce
- In medium pot, bring about 3 cups of water to a boil. Place potatoes, carrots, and onion in pot and allow to cook until veggies are tender, approximately 15 minutes. Cooking time will vary based on how small the veggies are diced.
- When veggies are tender, drain and place them in blender. NOTE: reserve 1 cup of the broth, and add to blender. Add all the remaining ingredients, and blend until smooth.
- Now, it's ready to use in nacho cheese dip, mac-n-cheese, topping for steamed broccoli, or anything else you need a creamy, cheesy sauce in. It makes approximately 1 quart and can be stored in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
Detailed instructions, in-process photos, and my personal helpful tips can be found in the article above.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small percentage from your purchases at no cost to you. Thank you!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 178Total Fat: 1.5gCarbohydrates: 32.7gFiber: 8.2gProtein: 11.6g
To obtain the most accurate representation of the nutritional information in a given recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator. You are solely responsible for ensuring that any nutritional information provided is accurate, complete, and useful.