Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries are such an easy treat to make with only 2 ingredients required. Whether for an edible gift or as a special dessert at home, these chocolate strawberries make a beautiful and tasty display.
You love this vegan dessert recipe because it’s…
- Super simple
- Requires only 2 ingredients
- Takes 15-minutes
- Looks beautiful
- Makes a perfect gift for Mother’s Day, Valentine’s Day, or a birthday
- Tastes amazing
- Very chocolaty
Easy chocolate-dipped strawberries
I have a confession to make. This was the first time I ever made chocolate strawberries. Now I’m kicking myself because they are hands-down the easiest dessert to make with only two ingredients.
Despite being one of the easiest desserts to make, chocolate-covered strawberries look fancy and beautifully impressive!
As crazy as it sounds, one batch of these elegant tasty chocolate-coated strawberries can be made in less than 15 minutes if you use the microwave version.
The recipe card at the bottom of the page has the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions.
Make it on the stovetop or in the microwave
In the video below, I show how to melt the chocolate in both the microwave and on the stovetop.
The fastest way to make these beauties is in the microwave. After washing and drying the strawberries, it only takes the chocolate about 2-3 minutes to melt in the microwave, and you’re ready to start dipping.
You definitely have to stir the chocolate throughout the melting process to keep it smooth and creamy and to keep it from burning.
On the stovetop, it takes just a little longer, but it’s still a very short process. You will need to use a double-boiler, or do like I did and place a heat-proof bowl down into a saucepan. It really is easy, as you can see in the video below.
How to make chocolate-dipped strawberries
First, wash and dry the strawberries to be used. Drying is very important because if they are still damp the chocolate won’t stick well to them.
For the chocolate, I use non-dairy chocolate chips. The brand I like is Enjoy Life, and they can be found on Amazon by clicking the link below. It’s an affiliate link and helps support my website, which is much appreciated. You could also just melt dairy-free chocolate bars if that is what you have on hand.
Once the chocolate is melted using either the microwave or stovetop method, the strawberries are ready to be dipped. You will want to be fairly quick with this process because, as the chocolate cools down, it will also thicken up making dipping more difficult. If this happens, just warm it back up just a little.
A toothpick speared into the top of each strawberry helps make a great handle for dipping without a big mess.
After dipping the strawberries, I like to roll some of them in crushed walnuts or other nuts. To crush mine, I simply pulse the walnuts in my blender for a couple of seconds.
Once the strawberries are dipped in chocolate and rolled in nuts (optional), place them on a baking sheet lined with wax paper to cool.
To speed up the cooling process, they can be put in the refrigerator, but you will find that they cool pretty quickly even on the countertop.
Special occasions for chocolate-covered strawberries
Do we really need a special occasion for eating chocolate strawberries? I think not!
There’s just something about the sweet and decadent combination of fresh strawberries and rich chocolate that makes me want to eat them more than once or twice a year. And strawberries are healthy, right?
Well, I’m not saying chocolate-covered strawberries are a health food item, but occasionally they are a great treat! They make an elegant edible gift or a special dessert at home.
Great special occasions for chocolate strawberries are:
- Mother’s Day
- Engagement parties
- Valentine’s Day
- Anytime decadent dessert
Another great special occasion chocolate dessert is my Chocolate Vegan Cake that is even sugar-free!
Other great desserts
For those of you new to the whole food plant-based lifestyle, we’ve created a FREE 7-Day Plant-Based Menu Planner to help you get started!
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
If you try this recipe, please let us know how you like it by rating it and leaving a comment. We love to hear from you!
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Chocolate dipped strawberries are such an easy treat to make with only 2-ingredients required. Whether for an edible gift or as a special dessert at home, these chocolate strawberries make a beautiful and tasty display.
- 1 pound large fresh strawberries
- 16 ounces non-dairy chocolate chips
- 1 cup crushed walnuts or other nuts (optional)
- Start by washing the strawberries and then drying them well. If the strawberries are the least bit wet the chocolate will not stick like it needs to.
- STOVETOP: Put the non-dairy chocolate chips into a heat-proof medium size bowl. Fill a medium sauce pan with a couple inches of water and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Stir often until creamy smooth.
- MICROWAVE: If melting chocolate in microwave, simply place chocolate chips in microwave safe glass bowl and heat for 1 minute. Stir chips and place back into the microwave for another minute. Continue doing this until the chips are creamy smooth. If your microwave is super powerful, switch to medium heat setting.
- Once the chocolates are melted and smooth, remove from the heat. Line a sheet pan with parchment or waxed paper.
- Hold the strawberry by the stem or place a tooth pick in the top to hold onto. Dip the fruit into the dark chocolate, lift and twist slightly, letting any excess chocolate fall back into the bowl.
- If using crushed nuts, roll some or all of the strawberries immediately after rolling in warm chocolate.
- Set strawberries on the wax paper. Repeat with the rest of the strawberries.
- Once all strawberries have been coated, dip a fork in the remaining warm chocolate and drizzle over the dipped strawberries.
- Place in the refrigerator to cool quickly. To store, place in airtight container and keep in refrigerator.
Detailed instructions, in-process photos, and my personal helpful tips can be found in the article above.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 230Sodium: 30mgCarbohydrates: 25.3gFiber: 2.2gProtein: 3.5g
To obtain the most accurate representation of the nutritional information in a given recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator. You are solely responsible for ensuring that any nutritional information provided is accurate, complete, and useful.
About Terri Edwards
Hi guys! I am the content creator behind EatPlant-Based and a licensed Food for Life instructor with the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine. I am passionate about sharing healthy recipes and tips to empower others to get healthy. I’m so glad you’re here! Read More…
25 Sweet Vegan Desserts for Any Occasion | Planted365
Friday 14th of February 2020
[…] 19. Chocolate Dipped Strawberries from EatPlant-Based […]