This No-Egg Salad sandwich spread is one that I get asked about a lot. I have taken it to some of my cooking & nutrition classes to sample, and students rave. They even take it to potlucks themselves.
The eggless salad was seriously ahhhhhhmazing, thank you!!!!! Love Indian black salt….”–Michael
It’s the healthier, plant-based version of egg salad, and I love it too. We sometimes serve it on pita bread or as an appetizer on crackers. Something about the Dijon and tiny pieces of onion and celery make it so delicious.
No-Egg Salad Ingredients:
- 1 block firm tofu, squeezed dry
- ¾ cup chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ¼ – ½ cup Low-Fat Eggless Mayo (recipe link below)
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- ½ cup celery, diced
- ½ green onions, with scallions
- ¾ cup frozen green peas, thawed in drainer under warm water
- 3 Tbsps. Nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne powder for spice
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. sea salt (or for an excellent addition 1/2 tsp Indian black salt )
- In blender, briefly pulse tofu, chickpeas, ½ of the celery, and ½ of the onions. Barely pulse this and leave it very chunky.
- Transfer blender contents to large bowl. Add the other ½ of celery, onions, green peas and all other ingredients.
- Stir thoroughly and serve on your choice of whole grain bread with fresh leaves of spinach or lettuces.
- For those gluten intolerant, serve alone or on your favorite gluten-free bread or crackers.
Other Sandwich and Burger Recipes:
- Smashed Chickpea Avocado Sandwich Spread
- Smoked Tempeh Sandwich (TLT)/ Tempeh Lettuce Tomato
- Barbecue Sandwiches Vegan Style
Links to Amazon.com are affiliate links. When you buy something through my links, I receive a commission that helps support this site which is greatly appreciated.