Amazing Vegan Nacho Cheese is incredible as a dip for baked chips as well as on fries, baked potatoes, and pizza. For healthy burritos and quesadillas, it can’t be beat!
No-Cheese Sauce is easily my top recipe of all time. It’s delicious and versatile. We eat it on pizza, tacos, baked potatoes, lasagna, and so much more.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links to my favorite Amazon products. If you purchase via my links, I may make a small percentage at no cost to you. Thanks for supporting my content.
Made with cashews or white beans
Now days, I mostly make it with a combination of the two– 1/4 cup cashews + 1/4 cup white beans. It has all of the warm creamy texture with less fat.
This is a picture of it being used in Nacho Supreme which is a family favorite at my house.
What are the ingredients for vegan cheese sauce?
Incredibly some of the ingredients used to make this amazing cheese sauce are…
- cashews (and or white beans)
- nutritional yeast flakes
- lemon juice
The other ingredient for Vegan Nacho Cheese is the salsa. You can use any favorite store bought salsa, or make your own.
All that is required to make your own salsa is a few ingredients and a blender. This is my recipe for Blender Salsa that can be whipped up in minutes.
Nutrition in Tomatoes
Whether you pronounce it “tomato or “tomäto,” there’s no question that tomatoes are a legitimate superfood. Packed with antioxidants, dietary fiber and vitamins, tomatoes are one food that should be on every health-conscious person’s eating plan.
From reducing prostate cancer risk to helping you shed excess pounds, tomatoes have a number of important health benefits.–LiveStrong
Homemade Baked Tortilla Chips
Homemade corn tortillas are SO easy to make. Simply use regular corn tortillas.
- Slice each tortilla into 8 slices using a pizza slicer.
- Arrange on a baking sheet and spritz with a water bottle.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and garlic powder.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 5-7 minutes until crispy and golden brown. Very easy and delish!
Recipes that could use some Nacho Cheese
Plant-Based Vegan Starter Kits $27
- No-Cheese Sauce Ingredients
- 1 cup potatoes, peeled & diced
- 1/4 cup carrots, diced
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup broth from veggies
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, (or 1/2 c white beans)
- 4 Tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 pinch paprika
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, optional
- Salsa Ingredients
- (2) 15 oz cans of fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, medium
- 3/4 cup onion, diced
- 1/2-3/4 cup fresh cilantro
- small piece of chipotle in adobe sauce
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
- I have a Vitamix blender and so don't take the time to soak my cashews. That thing is powerful and everything that goes into it comes out creamy. However, if your blender isn't jet engine speed, soaking the cashews in warm water for at least 30-minutes before adding to this recipe will help this recipe come out more creamy.
- In medium pot, bring about 3 cups of water to a boil. Place potatoes, carrots, and onion in pot and allow to cook until veggies are tender, approximately [timer minutes=0]15 minutes[/timer]. Cooking time will vary based on how small the veggies are diced.
- When veggies are tender, drain and place them in blender. NOTE: reserve 1 cup of the broth, and add to blender. Add all the remaining ingredients, and blend until smooth.
- Now, it's ready to use in nacho cheese dip, mac-n-cheese, topping for steamed broccoli, or anything else you need a creamy, cheesy sauce in. It makes approximately 1 quart and can be stored in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
- Place all salsa ingredients in blender and pulse to desired consistency.
- Combine 2 cups of cheese sauce and 1 cup of salsa. Stir well and eat!
Vitamix 5200 Blender, Professional-Grade, 64 oz.
365 Everyday Value, Organic Garlic Granules, 2.57 Ounce
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small percentage from your purchases at no cost to you. Thanks for supporting my content.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 5 Total Fat: .14g Carbohydrates: 28g Fiber: 2g Protein: 1.9g