Casseroles are perfect for taking to gatherings and feeding crowds. Classically, they are heavy in meat and dairy, but that’s not the case with these deliciously healthy, warm, and filling vegan casseroles.
I don’t know anyone that doesn’t love a comfortable, warm, bubbling casserole that leaves them feeling full and satisfied, especially on a chilly winter day.
Unlike the traditional casserole recipes that are loaded with saturated fat and calories, these healthy vegetable casseroles will be kind to your waistline and heart, because they are naturally loaded with fiber, phytonutrients, and antioxidants.
You will love these casserole recipes because they’re…
- Super flavorful
I love making veggie casseroles because they are so versatile. They can be made as a veggie bake with vegetables like potatoes, carrots, beans, and more. However, I sometimes love adding things like pasta and rice to mine to make them even more filling and hearty.
The following vegetable casseroles are perfect for not only for the holidays but for any time of the year.
This list includes traditional favorites like green bean casserole and scalloped potatoes, and it even has breakfast casseroles like quiche and hashbrowns.
I hope you will find some new family favorites that you can feel good about feeding your family, knowing that these healthy vegetable casseroles are promoting health and fighting disease with every forkful!
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon and/or other affiliate links to my favorite products. If you purchase via my links, I may make a small percentage at no cost to you. Thank you!
Tips for making healthy vegan casseroles
- Vegetable casseroles can be made ahead in most cases. I often like to assemble mine the day ahead and bake the day of.
- To keep casseroles oil-free, simply line baking dishes with parchment paper or use a silicone baking dish to keep them from sticking to the sides.
- Personally, I love to use parchment paper as a lining so that I can use any of the beautiful colorful casserole pans that I already have on hand in assorted sizes and shapes.
- Casseroles usually keep in the refrigerator for 5-7 days when covered well.
- All of these vegan casserole dishes also freeze well.
Over time, I plan to continue adding more delicious casseroles to this growing list, so stay tuned! I also have a Casserole Index Page that will make it easy to find your favorites.
If you make this recipe, please consider RATING it and leaving a COMMENT below. I love hearing from you. And remember, SHARING IS CARING!