Green beans are always good, and with a little Asian spice they’re even better! This is Asian Green Bean recipe is a little different twist on beans that my family loves.
Other Great Bean Recipes
- 1 lb. of fresh green beans with ends clipped off
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- sea salt to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- veggie broth for cooking
- Asian Sauce recipe below
- ¼ cup tamari or soy sauce if necessary, make sure gluten-free
- ¼ cup water
- lemon juice 1-1/2 Tbsp or juice from 1/2 lemon
- ½ Tbsp sweetener sugar, sucanat, maple syrup, agave, etc.
- 1 tsp. minced garlic I use kind from jar
- arrowroot powder or corn starch to thicken
In large pot, add approximately 1/2 cup of veggie broth and thinly sliced onion. Saute for a few minutes until browned and caramelizing. As this cooks, add a little more veggie broth, scrape any of the caramelized brown part and mix into broth.
Now, add minced garlic and saute another 5 minutes.
Next, add green beans and 3/4 cup veggie broth and cook on medium high heat for approximately 15 minutes covered, until slightly tender, but still somewhat firm. Be careful not to overcook.
Add Asian Sauce with arrowroot powder and lower heat. It will thicken quickly. Cook another 5 minutes and serve.
Whisk all ingredients in bowl.
Links to Amazon.com are affiliate links. When you buy something through my links, I receive a commission that helps support this site which is greatly appreciated.