- 2 cups of coarse yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup of flour (spelt, whole wheat, or your favorite)
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 2 cups almond milk (you want a pancake batter consistency)
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 ounces of can of creamed corn (this is 1/2 the can)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 small chipotle in adobe sauce (optional)
Combine all ingredients in large bowl. Pour into iron skillet or baking pan, and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. I really like it cooked in an iron skillet so the outside gets crusty.
Links to Amazon.com are affiliate links. When you buy something through my links, I receive a commission that helps support this site which is greatly appreciated.