The mark of a good veggie chili is that people don’t even notice that there’s no meat. These 8 Homemade Vegan Chili Recipes are just that good. Chock full of veggies, beans, and spices, these recipes are going to rock your plate…or bowl!
If you’ve been hankering for some deliciously healthy vegan chili, these meatless wonders will make you do a happy dance. Some can even be made in a crockpot or slow cooker.
What is vegan chili made of?
There are so many great vegan chili recipes to choose from and most of them have similar ingredients.
- Beans- We always use beans in our veggie chili recipes to help bulk them up.
- Veggies- Often time ingredients include onion, garlic, bell peppers, sweet potatoes, and corn.
- Chiles- For those that like a little spice, chiles are a great option.
- Tomatoes- Whether it’s fresh tomatoes or canned, nearly all chili recipes include tomatoes.
- Grain- All of my recipes include bulgur that mimics a ground beef texture. Other gluten-free options are buckwheat groats or brown rice.
- Chili Powder- A seasoning that is a must in any good chili recipe to add lots of delicious flavor.
- Spices- Other spices can include season salt, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, and smoked paprika.
- Salsa- It’s a great way to add even more flavor.
Vegan chili is delicious as is, but these great toppings add even more texture and flavor.
What pairs well with veggie chili?
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
Pro tips & substitutions
- Feeding crowds- Chili is a great option for feeding large groups of people because it’s easy to make and inexpensive.
- Cooking options- Make on the stovetop, in your Instant Pot, or Crock Pot.
- Storing- Leftovers should be kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5-7 days.
- Freezing- Chili freezes well for up to 3-4 months.
- Substitutions- Beans are a great substitute for ground beef. Bulgur or another grain also help to mimic a beef texture.
Also, be sure to check out our Vegan Chili page for more great recipes!
For those of you new to the whole food plant-based lifestyle, we’ve created a FREE 7-Day Plant-Based Menu Planner to help you get started!
About Terri Edwards
Hi guys! I am the content creator behind EatPlant-Based and a licensed Food for Life instructor with the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine. I am passionate about sharing healthy recipes and tips to empower others to get healthy. I’m so glad you’re here! Read More…