This vegetable soup embodies all that I imagine a good soup should be. It’s flavorful, hearty, and comforting. It doesn’t hurt a bit that this is a one-pot Vegan Minestrone Soup either.
Minestrone is a flavorful Italian soup that is so versatile because there’s no set recipe.
Varieties of vegan minestrone soup are endless and include nearly any vegetable you want to add. It’s basically your entire garden in one meal!
Table of contents
We love this minestrone soup because it’s…
- Packed with veggies
Common vegetables and ingredients in easy vegan minestrone soup
- beans (such as kidney beans, cannellini, etc)
- pasta (elbow, spiral, any variety)
- green beans
- vegetable broth
- Italian spices (such as basil and oregano)
- …and anything else you think of
Tips for making minestrone soup
- Minestrone soup is easily made gluten-free by adding rice pasta (or other gluten-free variety) or leaving the pasta out completely. Brown rice is a good substitute for pasta in this recipe.
- One thing I love about soup is that it makes feeding a crowd easy and affordable. It’s so simple to double or even triple a recipe and freeze leftovers, so there will always be something in the freezer for a quick meal.
- To me, soup is an all-year-around meal. I know many people prefer eating soups during the fall and winter, but that’s not the regiment at my house. Any given day of the year, you might find a soup of some variety simmering on the stovetop.
Some of our favorite soups
- Broccoli Cheddar
- African Peanut Sweet Potato Soup
- French Onion Soup
- Creamy Potato Soup
- Hearty Barley and Vegetable
Homemade vegan minestrone soup is one of our favorites. One reason is that it’s a great meal to make when you need to clean out some of those vegetables in the refrigerator before they go bad.
Or, if you have frozen vegetables in the freezer as most of us do, it’s so easy to pull this one-pot meal together without much effort.
One-pot healthy meals
You caught that, right? One-pot. That means clean-up is a breeze too. In my book, that is always a good thing. It can even be made in a crockpot.
Some other one-pot meals that make cleaning up the dishes much less of a hassle are in this article, 15 Easy Vegan One-Pot Meals. The list includes soups, chili, barbecue sandwiches, and even black bean burgers.
Add a little bit of crusty bread to this homemade minestrone soup, and you’ll have a hearty meal that will keep you full for hours.
That’s because the soup is loaded with fiber, as well as other phytonutrients and antioxidants that promote health and fight disease. The fiber fills you up and keeps you feeling satisfied until the next meal.
UPDATE: I now have a delicious Homemade Vegetable Bouillon Powder that is a wonderful addition to soups, beans, and so much more!
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1.5 cups cooked cannellini beans, or other bean of choice
- 1 cup fresh green beans cut into 1"
- 1.5 cups fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup whole grain pasta, elbow, spiral, etc
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon dry poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 3 Tbsp veggie broth in a large stock pot over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic, onion, celery, and carrots and allow to cook for about 3 minutes.
- Toss in the green beans, cannellini (or another type of beans) and all other ingredients EXCEPT PASTA and spices, along with the veggie broth.
- Bring soup to a strong simmer. Reduce the heat to medium and allow to cook for approximately 15 minutes.
- Stir in the pasta and cook for another 10-12 minutes.
- CROCK POT INSTRUCTIONS: If making in a slow cooker or crockpot, simply add all ingredients and set the temperature to low. Allow to cook for 3-4 hours.
- Taste and season with additional salt and pepper if needed. Ladle into bowls and serve.
Detailed instructions, in-process photos, and my personal helpful tips can be found in the article above.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small percentage from your purchases at no cost to you. Thank you!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 189Total Fat: 1gCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 9gSugar: 7gProtein: 10g
To obtain the most accurate representation of the nutritional information in a given recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator. You are solely responsible for ensuring that any nutritional information provided is accurate, complete, and useful.