Whether the festivities are at your house, or you are looking for amazing dishes to take to gatherings, we’ve got you covered with these Oil-free Vegan Holiday Recipes from some of your favorite plant-based bloggers.
It’s that time of year again! The holidays are all about spending quality time with family and friends and feasting on delicious food. This list is going to help with that!
We have it all–appetizers, main dishes, sides, and desserts. Everything from a vegan cheese ball for an appetizer, to vegan meatloaf for a main dish, all the way to pumpkin pie for dessert. Believe it or not, it’s all oil-free!
Table of contents
Check out the amazing recipes from these categories:
- Healthy Holiday Appetizers (5)
- Vegan Main Course Recipes (4)
- Holiday Side Dishes (8)
- Decadent Holiday Desserts (4)
Just click each recipe picture or title to see the full ingredient list and instructions.
Healthy Holiday Appetizers
1. Crockpot Carrots: BBQ Lil Smokies are simmered in tangy bbq sauce and are mouthwateringly delicious. They are perfect for holidays, game days, birthday parties, and even family dinners. Be forewarned, they’re super addictive!
2. Bruschetta Cheese Ball is tangy, creamy, full of flavor and dairy-free! You won’t believe how these healthy ingredients come together to make a bruschetta-flavored vegan cheese ball.
3. Cheddar Broccoli Soup was one dish I missed after going dairy-free, so I worked hard to come up with this deliciously satisfying vegan version that is loaded with flavor by the spoonful.
4. Garlic Chive Dinner Muffins are perfect for any soup, chili or even to go with a lentil loaf. These muffins are so incredibly moist and soft and 100% oil-free, as well as being low-fat.
Vegan Main Course Recipes
5. Vegan Meatloaf is always my first go-to when we are going to a family gathering and need to take a dish. One of the great things is the texture. It’s even more delicious when served with my Garlic Mashed Potatoes & Mushroom Gravy.
6. Perfect Vegan Roast is a tender seitan-based vegan roast that is surprisingly simple to make and perfect for dinner and even special occasions like parties and holiday meals.
7. Barbecue Lentil Loaf is oat-free, sturdy, hearty, and not mushy. This loaf is bursting with barbecue flavor! The homemade BBQ sauce is baked into the loaf, on top of the loaf, and used as a dipping sauce after it is baked.
Vegan Holiday Side Dishes
9. Fluffy Buttermilk Vegan Mashed Potatoes are so creamy, rich and full of fantastic flavor. These have a buttery taste and a subtle tang from the apple cider vinegar. They will become a staple in your home and a great side to any meal, especially the holidays.
10. Easy Vegan Brown Gravy in 10-Minutes– Making gravy doesn’t get any simpler than this Ladle it over mashed potatoes, mushroom roast, pasta, biscuits, and on everything else you can think of.
11. Vegan Scalloped Cauliflower is creamy, filling, comforting food without all the added saturated fat and bloated feeling! This vegan dish needs to be on your holiday list!
12. Stuffed Acorn Squash – The natural shape of this neat little squash is perfect for adding stuffing. This delicious Vegan Stuffed Acorn Squash recipe is packed with beta carotene and fiber, and makes a beautiful table display, especially during the holidays!
13. Creamy Broccoli Salad is so creamy and light, even broccoli haters will like it. Broccoli slaw salad lovers will never realize it has a fraction of the fat and calories of the traditional recipe they are used to.
14. Thanksgiving Stuffing – Crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, perfectly flavored and full of protein! This vegan Thanksgiving stuffing is a flavor bomb like no other!
15. Healthy Vegan Sweet Potato Casserole is the perfect side dish for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or any time of the year. It’s made with whole food plant-based ingredients and sweetened perfectly with pure maple syrup or date paste.
16. Broccoli Rice Casserole was inspired by a recipe I came across a few years ago from Susan Voisin with Fat-Free Vegan Kitchen. Since I have my own Creamy Vegan Cheese Sauce, I used it and tweaked a few of the spices to make this delicious, broccoli rice recipe that keeps my whole family happy.
17. 911 Vegan Gravy is practically not a recipe, just a proportion of ingredients: 9 stands for 9 parts liquid, 1 stands for 1 part brown rice flour, and the other 1 stands for 1 teaspoon of seasoning (or 1 tablespoon if you’re really into seasonings.) This basic gravy is endlessly adaptable. The only limit is your imagination.
Decadent Vegan Holiday Desserts
18. Ultimate Raw Cookie Dough Chocolate Fudge Cake is just 8 ingredients (+ salt)! It will amaze you and your family. It is creamy, yet dairy-free and oil-free and full of chocolate richness, cookie dough bits and a nice texture from the coconut butter.
19 Vegan Irish Cream Cheesecake is a decedent-rich dessert. Though not health food, I consider it a party food, something you make for celebrating with friends and family once a year. So amazingly delicious!
20. Incredibly moist and packed with grated carrots, this secretly healthier version of Vegan Carrot Cake guarantees you will never miss the extra calories.
21. Cinnamon Roll Pumpkin Pie is made with just 8 ingredients, is vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free and oil-free!
BONUS RECIPE: Impossible Vegan Pumpkin Pie – This gluten-free, vegan pumpkin pie forms its own crust as it bakes. Delicious and addictive–and low-fat and only 153 calories per serving!
Contributing bloggers include:
Also, be sure to check out my Holiday Recipes page for more great recipe ideas!
These 46 Vegan Thanksgiving Recipes can provide even more holiday cooking inspiration.