It’s that time of year again! The holidays are all about spending quality time with family and friends and feasting on delicious food.
Whether the festivities are at your house, or you are looking for amazing dishes to take to gatherings, we’ve got you covered with these 20 oil-free Vegan Holiday Recipes from some of your favorite plant-based bloggers.
We have it all–appetizers, main dishes, sides, and desserts. Everything from a vegan cheese ball for an appetizer, to no-meat loaf for a main dish, all the way to pumpkin pie for dessert. Believe it or not, it’s all oil-free!
Check out the amazing recipes from these categories:
- Healthy Holiday Appetizers (4)
- Vegan Main Course Recipes (4)
- Holiday Side Dishes (8)
- Decadent Holiday Desserts (4)
Just click each recipe picture or title to see the full ingredient list and instructions.
Healthy Holiday Appetizers
1. Bruschetta Cheese Ball is tangy, creamy, full of flavor and dairy-free! You won’t believe how these healthy ingredients come together to make a bruschetta flavored vegan cheese ball.
2. Cheddar Broccoli Soup was one dish I missed after going dairy-free, so I worked hard to come up with this deliciously satisfying vegan version that is loaded with flavor by the spoonful.
3. Garlic Chive Dinner Muffins are perfect for any soup, chili or even to go with a lentil loaf. These muffins are so incredibly moist and soft and 100% oil-free, as well as being low-fat.
4. Vegan Cream of Mushroom Soup is guaranteed better than anything you can buy in a can – simply because it’s made from real ingredients, with none of the chemicals or preservatives usually found in commercial soups, and with just a tiny fraction of the sodium.
Vegan Main Course Recipes
5. Mushroom Seitan Roast is delicious hot out of the oven, but what I really enjoy is making the leftovers into sandwiches. After refrigerating, slice the seitan very thin and warm it in some gravy. Serve on crusty French bread with lettuce and tomato. Heaven!
6. Barbecue Lentil Loaf is oat-free, sturdy, hearty and not mushy. This loaf is bursting with barbecue flavor! The homemade BBQ sauce is baked into the loaf, on top of the loaf and used as a dipping sauce after it is baked.
7. Lentil & Mushroom Shepherd Pie is a delicious, hearty stew of mushrooms and lentils covered by mashed potatoes. Perfect for Thanksgiving or anytime!
8. No-Meat Loaf is always my first go-to when we are going to a family gathering and need to take a dish. One of the great things is the texture. It’s even more delicious when served with my Garlic Mashed Potatoes & Mushroom Gravy.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links to my favorite Amazon products. If you purchase via my links, I may make a small percentage at no cost to you. Thanks for supporting my content.
This loaf has the consistency of a traditional meatloaf, without any mushiness at all. The bulgur gives it a wonderful full texture, and the fire-roasted tomatoes with spices give it an explosion of flavor! For those that are avoiding gluten, buckwheat groats can be substituted.
Vegan Holiday Side Dishes
9. Fluffy Buttermilk Vegan Mashed Potatoes are so creamy, rich and full of fantastic flavor. These have a buttery taste and a subtle tang from the apple cider vinegar. They will become a staple in your home and a great side to any meal, especially the holidays.
10. Vegan Scalloped Cauliflower is creamy, filling, comforting food without all the added saturated fat and bloated feeling! This vegan dish needs to be on your holiday list!
11. Stuffed Acorn Squash – I made this recipe for a Food for Life class I was teaching, and it was a huge hit! One participant said they would be perfect for an upscale dining restaurant. Not only beautiful and delicious but very nutritious as well.
12. Homemade Potato Rolls are fresh from the oven. No artificial ingredients, no preservatives, just homemade goodness, exactly like Grandma used to make.
13. Thanksgiving Stuffing – Crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, perfectly flavored and full of protein! This vegan Thanksgiving stuffing is a flavor bomb like no other!
14. Vegan Sweet Potato Casserole will definitely grace my table this holiday season. No butter, no oil, no marshmallows, just pure sweet potato happiness.
15. Broccoli Rice Casserole was inspired by a recipe I came across a few years ago from Susan Voisin with Fat-Free Vegan Kitchen. Since I have my own Creamy Vegan Cheese Sauce, I used it and tweaked a few of the spices to make this delicious, broccoli rice recipe that keeps my whole family happy.
16. 911 Vegan Gravy is practically not a recipe, just a proportion of ingredients: 9 stands for 9 parts liquid, 1 stands for 1 part brown rice flour, and the other 1 stands for 1 teaspoon of seasoning (or 1 tablespoon if you’re really into seasonings.) This basic gravy is endlessly adaptable. The only limit is your imagination.
Decadent Vegan Holiday Desserts
17. Ultimate Raw Cookie Dough Chocolate Fudge Cake is just 8 ingredients (+ salt)! It will amaze you and your family. It is creamy, yet dairy-free and oil-free and full of chocolate richness, cookie dough bits and a nice texture from the coconut butter.
18. Vegan Irish Cream Cheesecake is a decedent rich dessert. Though not health food, I consider it a party food, something you make for celebrating with friends and family once a year. So amazingly delicious!
19. Crockpot Chocolate Lava Cake – Did you know that you can make a cake in your crockpot? There are few desserts easier than a crockpot cake, and this chocolatey wonder is one of the best I’ve ever made.
20. Cinnamon Roll Pumpkin Pie is made with just 8 ingredients, is vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free and oil-free!
BONUS RECIPE: Impossible Vegan Pumpkin Pie – This gluten-free, vegan pumpkin pie forms its own crust as it bakes. Delicious and addictive–and low-fat and only 153 calories per serving!
If you like these recipes, consider joining our Plant-Based Recipe Bloggers Facebook page where the amazing bloggers that contributed to this holiday recipe article share their creations regularly.
Contributing bloggers include:
- Susan / Fat-Free Vegan
- Brandi / The Vegan 8
- Chuck / Brand New Vegan
- Sophia / Veggies Don’t Bite
- Terri / EatPlant-Based
Ultimate Christmas Dinner
Before the Thanksgiving holiday this year, I was putting my menu together and wanted to really come up with a beautiful food display. We had no less than three family gatherings to attend and, though my husband and I aren’t the only plant-based eaters, we are definitely the minority.
Sometimes when people know you’re vegan, they expect that the dishes you’ll contribute to the social or family gathering are likely going to be a salad and fruit tray. As a plant-based nutrition educator with the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine, I love to break that myth all to pieces.
The following is the amazing Thanksgiving dinner I made, and the food was a show-stopper at functions I attended.
Main Dishes I Prepared (pictured in the photo above)
- Mushroom Seitan Roast (I added potatoes, carrots, onions)
- 10-Minute Brown Gravy
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Broccoli Salad
- Chocolate Sweet Potato Cake with Frosting
Also, be sure to check out our Holiday Recipes page for more great recipe ideas!