So many people feel overwhelmed with trying to figure out what they can eat for breakfasts, lunch/dinners, and snacks. So I want to share this plant-based diet meal plan resource that should make things a little easier.
Whole Food Plant-Based Diet Meal Planning 101
Most of us have about nine meals that we make over and over, because we like them and they are familiar to us. We keep the ingredients on-hand and can whip them up in no time. I call those the 9 meals in our Wheelhouse.
The key to being successful with plant-based nutrition is changing out those old wheelhouse meals to healthier ones.
The Meal & Snack Planner below will help guide you to do that. It links breakfast and snack ideas from my website to help get you started.
Think of three meals that you already like that are plant-based
For the lunch/dinner meals, the meal planner encourages you to first think of 3 meals that you already like that are plant-based. That might be vegetable soup, pasta salad, Portobello burgers, rice dishes, baked potatoes, etc and write those down.
Three meals that you already like that could easily be veganized
In the next section, think of 3 meals you like that could easily be veganized. That might be spaghetti made with marinara and veggies or bulgur (no ground beef), tacos with beans and rice (no cheese or beef), a black bean burger (instead of a regular burger).
Three meals that are new to you
Lastly, you’ll need to get creative and resourceful. Look through plant-based cookbooks and websites to try new recipes. Keep trying until you come up with 3 new recipes that you really like that can complete that Wheelhouse recipe list.
With a completed list, you will be able to keep the main ingredients stocked in your kitchen to whip up the new favorites in a flash. In time, this becomes your new, healthier second nature.
Hang in there, because it does get easier with time.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links to my favorite Amazon products. If you purchase via my links, I may make a small percentage at no cost to you. Thanks for supporting my content.
Meal Planner PDF
If you are new to the plant-based lifestyle, these articles will also be very helpful:
- Plant-Based Guide for Beginners
- What is a Plant-Based Whole Food
- Jeff Novick’s 10 Simple Recipes in Less than 20-Minutes
- What’s in My Plant-Based Medicine Cabinet? I Mean Pantry!
- Beginners Guide to Plant-Based Grocery Shopping
- Guide to Dining Out on a Plant-Based Diet
Plant-Based Starter Kits
Want to go plant-based but not sure where to begin? We have Plant-Based Starter Kits for only $27 that include a book, DVD set, and all the material shown below. Click photo to find out more and how to order.
Your choice of ONE of the following books, plus all of the materials listed below the books.
- The 21-Day Weight Loss Kickstart
- Reversing Diabetes
- The Cancer Survivors Guide
- Power of Foods for Your Brain
Also included in this kit with your choice of book:
- DVD set (2 disc) with seventeen 10-15 minute Food for Life lectures from Dr. Neal Barnard, President of Physician Committee for Responsible Medicine
- Food for Life Healthy Basics booklet (31 pages)
- Healthy Eating for Life / Food choices for cancer prevention and survival booklet (19 pages)
- Vegetarian Starter Kit booklet (15 pages)
- Diabetes and Diet Recipes for Success booklet (4 pages)
- Nutrition for Kids booklet (25 pages)
- Four weekly newsletters from EatPlant-Based.com that include recipe ideas and other handouts; PDF copy of Dr. Neal Barnard’s Cancer Survivor Guide with 245 pages (an excellent resource for everyone, not just cancer survivors); Fact Sheets from Physicians Committee on subjects like diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, cancer, and women’s health; and some of Terri’s favorite success stories and articles.