Get ready for a creamy, full-bodied taste and texture that is loaded with protein and calcium, yet has no added dairy or oil! This vegan artichoke spinach dip is sure to be a hit at any pot-luck or game night! Recipe can be made with white beans or cashews.
Make with cashews or white beans
This is a terrific recipe that I used to make with cashews, but now make with white beans to reduce fat but not flavor. I actually like it better with beans! One follower said this.
“I’ve been subbing white beans for the cashews in lots of recipes. My family likes it much better.”–LoriAnn M.
This is the recipe I use. So good. Then I pour it into silicone muffin cups to freeze and pop them into a freezer bag so I have individual portions that I can put in the oven or microwave:) I do the same with hummus.–Flynn F.
Below is a 3-minute Youtube video of me preparing this dip back in 2014–the old way, with cashews.
I now actually prefer beans over cashews, because it taste every bit as good and drastically reduces fat content. I highly recommend trying the beans.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links to my favorite Amazon products. If you purchase via my links, I may make a small percentage at no cost to you. Thanks for supporting my content.
I also now add low-fat, eggless mayo to the recipe. This is my favorite dip recipe, to date!
Healthy vegan mayonnaise ingredients
Artichoke Spinach Dip Cooking Demo
Nutrition in Spinach
Low in calories and high in vitamins, spinach is one of the most nutrient-dense foods in existence. One cup of the leafy green vegetable contains far more than your daily requirements of vitamin K and vitamin A, almost all the manganese and folate your body needs and nearly 40 percent of your magnesium requirement.
It is a good, very good or excellent source of more than 20 different measurable nutrients, including dietary fiber, calcium and protein. And yet, 1 cup has only 40 calories! Spinach is an excellent choice for nutrition without high calories.–LiveStrong
Baking tortilla chips
Need a healthy chip? Homemade corn tortillas are SO easy to make. Simply use regular corn tortillas. Slice each one into 8 slices using a pizza slicer. Arrange on a baking sheet and spritz with a water bottle. Sprinkle with sea salt and garlic powder.
Bake at 400 degrees for about 5-7 minutes until crispy and golden brown. These are the healthiest tortilla chips and are delish!
Other Healthy Plant-Based Snack Ideas
- 15 Easy Plant-Based Snack Ideas
- Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- Colorful Chili Bean Dip
Plant-Based Vegan Starter Kits $27
- 3/4 cup white beans, rinsed and drained, (or 1/2 cup raw cashews)
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup low-fat eggless mayo, * recipe link above
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 med-large garlic cloves
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground mustard
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 can Artichoke hearts
- 1-1/2 cups frozen, thawed spinach, (or 2 cups, tightly packed fresh spinach)
- In blender or food processor, add all 8 of the first ingredients: beans (or raw cashews-no soaking required), almond milk, mayo, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, and ground mustard. Blend until very smooth. This will take a little longer if you're using cashews.
- To thaw frozen spinach, place on a thick stack of paper towels and microwave for approximately 1-2 minutes. Then wrap paper towels around and squeeze over sink to drain excess liquid.
- Add artichokes and spinach, and blend for just a few seconds. May have to add a little more almond milk if it's too thick for blender. I like my dip with a thick and chunky texture, so this is a very short blend for me.
- Pour into bowl and serve with crackers, chips, carrots, celery, or any other veggies of your choice.
- If preferred warm and bubbly, place in baking dish and pop in oven on 425 for about 15-20 minutes, then serve.
Easy Homemade Corn Tortilla Chips
- Making homemade tortilla chips is very easy.
- Use regular corn tortillas. Slice each one into 8 slices using a pizza slicer.
- Arrange on a baking sheet and spritz with a water bottle. Sprinkle with sea salt and garlic powder.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 5-7 minutes until crispy and golden brown. Very easy and delish!
365 Everyday Value, Organic Great Northern Beans, 15 Ounce
Vitamix 5200 Blender, Professional-Grade, 64 oz.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small percentage from your purchases at no cost to you. Thanks for supporting my content.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 185 Total Fat: 2.3g Carbohydrates: 27.3g Fiber: 16.5g Protein: 15.2g