This simple and beautiful vegan spinach salad is not only colorful but packed with antioxidants. An easy refreshing way to nourish your body!
We love this salad because it’s…
- Packed with flavor
- Super healthy
Made with fresh baby spinach, mandarin oranges, strawberries, and raspberry vinaigrette dressing, this easy recipe will delight the taste buds with bursts of tangy and sweet flavors.
Spinach is a vitamin powerhouse and offers a terrific punch of antioxidants and cancer-fighting nutrients.
Nutrition in Spinach
Low in calories and high in vitamins, spinach is one of the most nutrient-dense foods in existence.
One cup of the leafy green vegetable contains far more than your daily requirements of vitamin K and vitamin A, almost all the manganese and folate your body needs and nearly 40 percent of your magnesium requirement.
It is a good, very good or excellent source of more than 20 different measurable nutrients, including dietary fiber, calcium and protein. And yet, 1 cup has only 40 calories! Spinach is an excellent choice for nutrition without high calories.–LiveStrong
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon and/or other affiliate links to my favorite products. If you purchase via my links, I may make a small percentage at no cost to you. Thank you!
RECIPE CARD BELOW
Other great salad recipes
Oil-free salad dressing options
I like to make my own raspberry dressing. If you want to whip some up at home, try this tangy and sweet raspberry vinaigrette gluten-free salad dressing.
There are a few different options for raspberry vinaigrette dressing that you can buy premade. Walmart sells a fat-free (oil-free) version in their salad dressing aisle by Maple Grove Farms.
Grocery stores that carry Panera salad dressings have an oil-free version in their produce section.
For those that would like to make their own dressing, my Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing is a great option.
The recipe comes from the Physician Committee for Responsible Medicine: Cancer Project Food for Life classes.
Other great salad dressings
- 1 10 ounce bag fresh spinach
- 1 cup berries or grapes, or 10 strawberries, sliced
- 1 10 ounce can mandarin or clementine oranges, drained, or grapefruit sections
- 1 tsp sunflower seeds, (optional)
- 1 tsp chopped Brazil nuts, (optional)
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinaigrette, suggestions below
- There are a few different options for raspberry vinaigrette dressing. Walmart sells a fat-free (oil-free) version in their salad dressing isle by Maple Grove Farms. Grocery stores that carry Panera salad dressings have an oil-free version in their produce section. Included at the bottom of this page is a link for a recipe to make your own.
- Toss all ingredients together and serve!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small percentage from your purchases at no cost to you. Thank you!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 109 Total Fat: 2g Carbohydrates: 18g Fiber: 4g Protein: 3g
Did you like this recipe? Please consider rating it with the star rating and leaving a comment below. I love hearing from you! Find me on Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, and Instagram, and remember SHARING IS CARING. Thanks for helping me spread the word about plant-based nutrition and how delicious the food can be!