This simple 15-minute Veggie Bowl with lemony tahini sauce or peanut sauce is perfect for a quick lunch or dinner in a hurry. Variations of it can even be prepared ahead of time to eat throughout the week when you don’t have time to meal plan.
I don’t really think of this dish as a recipe, because it’s so customizable. Definitely not a one-size-fits-all kind of meal.
Most of the time, I like to make mine super simple with things like brown rice, steamed broccoli, broccoli slaw, shredded carrots, chickpeas, crushed peanuts, and a simple tahini sauce. However, this is a vegan bowl recipe that can have any number of variations according to what’s in the refrigerator at any given moment.
Vegetable bowl options
- Grains: rice, bulgur, quinoa, farro, buckwheat, millet, or other grain
- Beans: chickpeas, edamame, peas, lentils, black beans, or others
- Greens: broccoli, kale, spinach, arugula, etc
- Vegetables: cauliflower, sweet potatoes, asparagus, raddishes, pea pods, carrots, bean sprouts, shredded cabbage, peppers, tomato, you get the picture.
- Other: tofu, tempeh, soy curls, hummus, nuts, seeds, cilantro, avocado, whatever
- Dressings: tahini sauce, peanut sauce, miso dressing, ginger dressing, tzatziki sauce, endless possibilities
I like all kinds of dressings, but Tahini Sauce happens to be one of my favorites for vegan rice bowls. It’s so simple to make in minutes with only a handful of ingredients.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links to my favorite Amazon products. If you purchase via my links, I may make a small percentage at no cost to you. Thanks for supporting my content.
Tahini sauce ingredients
- tahini (which is crushed sesame seeds)
- lemon juice
- minced garlic
- tumeric (optional)
- maple syrup (optional)
- sriracha, cayenne pepper, or other hot sauce (optional)
How to make tahini salad dressing
This lemony tahini dressing really is easy to make with only a few ingredients, bowl, and whisk.
Simply add all ingredients except the water to a medium-sized bowl and whisk together.
Slowly add in water and whisk until creamy and pourable. If the mixture seems stiff at first, continue to whisk and add small amounts of water at a time until smooth and creamy.
It keeps in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
Other uses for tahini sauce
- falafel sauce
- salad dressing
- pasta sauce
- veggie bowls
- roasted vegetables
- dip for veggies
- burger & sandwich topping
Other veggie bowl sauce options
This creamy vegan peanut sauce is another excellent sauce option for veggie bowls. With no cooking required, it can be ready in 10-minutes flat!
Whichever combination of ingredients and sauce you decide to use in your healthy veggie bowl, rest assured your arteries and cells are saying, “Thank you!”
Plant-Based Vegan Starter Kits $27
- 2 cups cooked brown rice or other grain, bulgur, quinoa, etc
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup shredded broccoli
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas or other bean
- crushed peanuts (or other seeds or nuts), optional
- 1 cup tahini sauce (ingredients below)
- 1/3 cup tahini paste
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1-2 Tbsp maple syrup or other sweetener, optional
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic , optional
- 1/4 tsp turmeric, optional
- sriracha sauce or other hot sauce, optional
- Cook grain according to package instructions. I love to use leftover rice or bulgur that is already in my refrigerator. Another option is to buy the brown rice in boil-in bags that can be cooked on the stove top in about 10 minutes.
- Steam broccoli in microwave or on stove top. I steam mine in the microwave by placing florets in microwave safe bowl, adding approximately 4 Tbsp of water, and cooking on high for 3 minutes.
- To assemble, place cooked rice or other grain in medium serving bowl with cooked broccoli or other vegetables of choice. Roasted cauliflower or sweet potatoes work well too.
- Add cooked beans if using. Normally, I used chickpeas in my veggie bowl, but any beans you have onhand will be fine. Some favorites are edamame, peas, lentils, black beans, or others.
- Add shredded broccoli, carrots, other vegetables, crushed peanuts.
- Drizzle tahini sauce over top and serve!
- Add all ingredients except the water to a medium-sized bowl and whisk together.
- Slowly add in water and whisk until creamy and pourable. If the mixture seems stiff at first, continue to whisk and add small amounts of water at a time until smooth and creamy.
- Keeps in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small percentage from your purchases at no cost to you. Thanks for supporting my content.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 285 Trans Fat: 0g Sodium: 196mg Carbohydrates: 39g Fiber: 6.9g Protein: 9.3g